YouTube Structure and Governance
In line with our One Bayer strategy, there will be one global YouTube channel that serves as the voice of the brand across business partners to reach the informed public and industry professionals.
The page will be branded as the overall Bayer page, meaning the profile, cover image, about page and main link will represent overall Bayer. However, all parties may create and distribute or house content on this page.
Content will be categorized by topic through the playlist functionality. Individual videos can and should link to business division webpages.
Country Structure Approach When There is a Dedicated Channel:
There will be one global Bayer presence communicating to the entire world. Individual countries are encouraged to also have their own presence on YouTube if they have the resources and need to support them. These channels will be listed in the channel tab of the global YouTube account.
Bayer Global Page
- Focus on Global Bayer initiatives or globally important country initiatives through a global lens.
- All videos should be in English, or at least mostly in English. Regardless, it’s generally best to ensure that all video content includes English subtitles.
- All descriptions, tags and titles should be in English and link back to the Global site.
Country Targeting on Global Group Page
If a country does not have or need a page, country-specific content can be housed on an unlisted playlist and linked to by that country in other marketing efforts, such as geo-targeted media campaigns
Bayer Country Group Pages
- Focus on country-specific initiatives or global initiatives through the lens of that region.
- All video content should be in the region’s language, or subtitled in that language.
- All descriptions, tags and titles should be in the region’s language and link back to the region’s website, not the global site.
The Bayer YouTube landscape is operated and managed by the global Channels & Amplifications teams of Bayer.
Questions related to the opening or closing of YouTube pages, content creation, content targeting, or any information outlined in this document should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tactics when Opening, Growing, Sunsetting
1. Determine business use case for channel
2. Determine channel management:
- Content production
- Community engagement
3. Branded Assets Compliance
- Channels should use provided, approved image assets on profiles.
- Channels should follow provided naming guidelines.
4. Add to Information to Account Details Document
Info Includes: account name, URL, associated digital properties, date created, intended audience, channel managers and country/region.
5. Account Password Management
6. Sprinkler/BEAT Set Up and Training
Channels should be added to Sprinklr and MIRA work environments to provide engagement analytics and access to streamlined community engagement tools.
Before opening a new Bayer COMs social channel, please contact email@example.com to share information.
- Which channels do you wish to open?
- Is there currently an account serving a similar purpose or audience?
- What are the communication needs?
- Are there currently any other digital properties (website or social) that will be supported/impacted by this addition?
- Has a channel strategy been developed for this specific social channel?
- Who is the primary audience?
- Do you have a plan or strategy for acquiring followers?
- Do you have a content development strategy to support continued engagement on each channel?
- Do you have a paid promotion strategy?
- What resources and budget will be dedicated to this channel, and in what capacity? (Internal and agency partners)
- Will you have agency support to assist in channel content creation and/or maintenance/management?
1. Ongoing Social Content
- A strategy is vital to support your social content. (content approval criteria, content lead, cadence, etc.)
2. Community Engagement
- 1–2 people at any given time during the standard “business operating hours” need to be able to assist in responding to comments that come from the social community.
- Not all posts require responses, but should be addressed within 4 hours. Is your account global? If so, account for comments coming in at all hours of the day, meaning support will be needed in multiple time zones.
- How will you measure the success of your social efforts?
- Will you use Sprinklr to publish posts and then analyze the performance?
- How and by whom will the data be analyzed and utilized? Monthly and quarterly reporting is recommended.
1. Review the business case for the channels
- Is the channel still relevant?
- Is this audience still relevant/target? If yes, how well is the audience engaging with the content?
- Is there a team or resources available that is still able to own management of the channel?
- Are there plans or resources to continue content production/publication?
2. Determine the outcomes for the channels
- Facebook / Instagram: merge or maintain
3. Merge and Deletion Process
- Channel owner outreach
- Channel rep outreach
- Create social images and social copy for transition
- Approvals for images and copy — Translate social copy (if needed)
- Download and save all data from channel
- Post notification; update cover image
- Wait 14 days for transition period — Continue community engagement
- Channel Migration (or Deletion)
For questions or assistance with sunsetting a Bayer COMs social channel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to share information.