As an owned channel, websites provide a great opportunity for Bayer to fulfill its communication objectives in digital media: Bayer remains in full control of both the form and, in particular, the content.
Key areas to consider before starting work on a website are:
- Your communications and/or marketing objectives
- Your target audiences
- The value of the content and services provided to those audiences
- You have sufficient resources available to keep the website up to date and online
Furthermore, you should also consider how which factors will allow you to measure the success of the website:
- Will the website improve your relationship with the target audience?
- Will the website increase sales? Or be useful in managing customer relations?
- How will you measure success?
The following guidelines detail how to plan, design, develop and operate Bayer websites based on the communication/marketing concept you have developed.